Last Updated on February 12, 2023 by Jahangir
Refrigerators are essential appliance in every home. With a refrigerator, food storage becomes easy and convenient. Buying a refrigerator can be daunting task if you don’t know what size to get. In this blog post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about refrigerator configurations, standard sizes, factors to consider, and tips for installing new refrigerators. We’ll also tell you the right size fridge for your space & requirements.
What Are the Standard Refrigerator Sizes?
– The most popular standard refrigerator size is between 18 and 24 inches wide, with a height of around 27-32 inches and a depth of around 21-24 inches.
– Homeowners should consider the space available in their kitchen when selecting an appliance. Also, they can refer to kitchen design programs to understand the dimensions of refrigerators in different kitchen sizes.
– Apartments and houses vary widely in terms of size, so it’s important to know the dimensions of refrigerators for your kitchen size before making a purchase.
– The average size of a house is just over 2,000 square feet, but the most common house size is around 1,500 square feet. This size includes a refrigerator width of about 19-20 inches and depth of about 17-18 inches.
You can also find refrigerator dimensions online that will help you make an informed choice.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Refrigerator Size
– Think of the size of refrigerator as a ‘frame’ within which you fit the various products. If you have a large family of five, a refrigerator with a capacity of 30-35 cubic feet is recommended. If you are new to cooking, start small and invest in an appliance with a size of 20-24 cubic feet.
– As per the size of your kitchen, dimensions of refrigerator should be taken into consideration. Look for refrigerators with dimensions of width, height, and depth that are appropriate for your kitchen space. Also ensure door opening space is suitable for any size door hinges and ventilation space to prevent condensation from forming on the door side or bottom.
– If you plan to host dinner parties often, consider refrigerators with extra storage space. These types of refrigerators allow users to store more food items without occupying too much space. They also make it easy to access food items easily.
– A refrigerator is a great appliance that helps keep food fresh and safe from bacteria and other contaminants. Hence, consider purchasing one that best suits your kitchen needs and budget
– Finally, consider the features that can help you save energy and money, such as water-based refrigerants or freezer compartments with digital displays. Also look out for models with door shelves that are adjustable or adjustable door hinges
How to Measure Your Space for a New Refrigerator
-To size a refrigerator, you’ll need to first know the dimensions of your space. Include the width of the door, the height of the refrigerator, and the depth of the refrigerator.
-Also, consider the hinge height of a counter-depth refrigerator if that is an option for you. This will help determine whether you will need to purchase door-side shelves or not.
-Take multiple measurements from top to bottom, left to right, and front to back to ensure accuracy. These measurements should include any widths of door shelves, water dispenser handles, or door hinges.
-Finally, leave a few inches of breathing room for proper ventilation and extra space for refrigerator doors to fully open. If you’re using a fixed-top fridge or freezer, leave space around the circumference of the door frame on both sides and top and bottom.
-It’s important to follow these steps so you can size your fridge with accuracy and precision.
Different Types of Refrigerators and Their Dimensions
– Refrigerators come in various depths, widths, and heights to fit into any kitchen layout. This can vary depending on the size of refrigerator desired and the size of the kitchen space.
– There are different refrigerator sizes to accommodate living spaces of all sizes, ranging from tiny homes to RVs. Many standard- and apartment-size refrigerators are designed to be a little slimmer than a standard-sized fridge and are typically 18-24 inches wide.
– Apartment-size refrigerators are perfect for small kitchens, but they are also popular among college students and smaller households who prefer a more compact fridge. They can be considered as an alternative to standard-size refrigerators, as they provide ample storage space without taking up too much space in the kitchen.
– In terms of kitchen design programs, you can use them to visualize your kitchen space and position appliances to create the look and feel you want. They can help you plan out your kitchen space and choose the right refrigerator size that best suits your needs.
Tips for Installing a New Refrigerator
-Make sure to check the electrical outlets before installing a new refrigerator. This will ensure that the refrigerator is compatible with the electricity source and no voltage issues arise.
-When choosing a refrigerator size, consider the size of your family and individual needs. The size of the fridge should be large enough to hold the food required for a week or less.
-If your fridge door doesn’t close properly, it could lead to freezer burn or food items not making it to the bottom of the fridge in time. It is important to secure fridge door with straps before moving it as this will prevent door from opening too far and causing damage to floors and walls.
-Also, disconnect the old fridge from the power and water lines before moving it to avoid any chance of electric shock. Make sure that freezer defrosts before connecting the new fridge to power source.
-Finally, measure your space carefully before purchasing a refrigerator size as it could affect your space usage in a big way.
Get the Right Fit with Maytag’s Refrigerator Size Guide
-Measure the size of your space to determine the right size refrigerator for you. Start with the width and depth of the space, noting the height if applicable.
-Reference specs of the models you are interested in online or ask a sales associate in store. You can also use the fridge size guide provided by Maytag to help guide you.
-When choosing a refrigerator, consider the hinge height. This refers to how high the door opens from the ground.
-Lastly, check out this video for a visual step-by-step guideline on how to size your refrigerator. By following these steps, you’ll find the refrigerator that best fits your space and needs.
-You can browse refrigerator styles from Maytag or find the best refrigerator for you based on your specific requirements.
Measure Your Space & Choose the Right Size
-When it comes to refrigerator size, you have to consider a few factors to get the perfect size for your kitchen. You have to take into account door width and height, hinge space, ventilation space, door opening space, and cleaning space.
– If you’re looking for counter-depth refrigerator, consider the width of the refrigerator door and the height of the hinges. Also, consider the depth of the refrigerator as well as how much storage space you need.
-You must also factor in width of door of fridge as this is a vital aspect when it comes to width-to-depth ratio of fridge. Remember that width-to-depth ratio of fridge determines the cubic feet of fridge space available in your kitchen.
-If you want a side-by-side refrigerator but kitchen space is limited, look for a refrigerator with bottom freezer feature in addition to top freezer component. This helps save on space while providing ample storage options. The type of refrigerator is another key factor that you should consider when shopping for a fridge.
– Choose refrigerators with different refrigerant types and capacities to accommodate different food storage needs. Also, shop for models with door shelves as well as adjustable shelves to fit different size food containers and other kitchen accessories.
How to Choose the Right Size Refrigerator
– If you’re shopping for a refrigerator, you must consider your family size and the estimated lifespan of the appliance when making the purchase.
– There are four main refrigerator styles- top-freezer, bottom-freezer, side-by-side (SBS) and three-door models. Sizes range from 6 to 29 cubic feet of storage space. You should consider the size of your kitchen, how many people will be using the refrigerator, and how much storage space is needed for food and beverages.
– A rule of thumb is 4-6 cubic feet of fridge space per person. Larger families may need a refrigerator with 25+ cubic feet of space. Look at features such as freezer size, refrigerator size, energy efficiency, and door width to make an informed decision. Besides, evaluate the price, brand name, and warranty of the refrigerator to ensure you get value for money.
Tips for Installing a New Refrigerator
– A refrigerator is an appliance that holds food and drinks below the freezing point of water. This helps preserve the food’s nutrients, vitamins, and flavor, and it prevents freezer burn.
– Before you buy a new refrigerator, make sure the electrical outlet is adequate for the refrigerator size. You can use a multimeter to ensure that the circuit is properly functional. Also, use an extension cord of sufficient length to reach the kitchen outlet.
– When moving a refrigerator onto a dolly, let the freezer defrost fully before disconnecting it from the power and water lines. This will prevent damage to the refrigerator door and internal components in case of accidental contact with water.
– If you are unable to move a refrigerator alone, consider hiring one or two extra people for assistance. Strap the refrigerator on top so that it does not fall off during transportation.
– Measure the space you have before buying a fridge of the size you desire. It will help you save money on costs of delivery and removal of old appliance too.
Conclusion – Making the Right Choice
-It is vital to understand your business’ needs and choose the refrigerator configuration that best fits them. The various refrigerator configurations available vary based on the size of the space, number of refrigerators required, and budget constraints.
– It is important to compare the different configurations to find the best one for your business. This will help you make a well-informed choice.
– A refrigeration specialist can help you choose the right refrigerator configuration for your business. They can provide valuable insights and recommendations regarding refrigerator size, features, and specifications.
– Also, they can assist in making the kitchen space look aesthetically pleasing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the pros and cons of each refrigerator configuration?
There are a lot of different refrigerator configurations out there, so it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. However, here is a description of the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
Top-freezers offer a lot of value, but they are not too flashy. In-freezer ice makers are the most cost-effective option, but take up usable space in the freezer compartment. In-door ice makers offer convenience, but may have limited capacity compared to in-freezer models. Dual ice makers provide more capacity, but also take up space in the freezer. The Whirlpool Corporation’s convertible chest freezer offers flexibility, but may require more space than traditional fridges.
Which refrigerator configuration is best for me?
There are four main refrigerator styles to choose from – top freezers, convertible chest freezers, freezerless, and compact refrigerators.
Top freezers are the most popular refrigerator style as they house a standard-sized freezer on top and have space below for food storage. They are great for families that have multiple food storage containers or need space for large items like a refrigerator freezer combo.
Convertible chest freezers are similar to top freezers in that they have a standard-sized freezer on top, but the freezer shelves can be converted into a fridge-like compartment by unzipping the side of the freezer cabinet. This type of refrigerator is perfect for people that need more refrigerator space than a top freezer refrigerator can offer and don’t mind having two refrigerator compartments in their home.
Freezerless refrigerators use the entire volume of the cooling compartment for refrigeration and do not have a standard-sized freezer. These refrigerators are best for spaces that don’t have much counter space or for people that want to economize on space.
Compact refrigerators are perfect for dorm rooms, bedrooms, game rooms, home entertainment bars, and home offices. They are smaller in size than standard-sized refrigerators, so they take up less
Refrigerator size is a very personal choice. Select the size that will best fit your refrigerator space, refrigerator size guide and the type of food storage you plan to store. If you’re not sure of the size refrigerator for your kitchen, visit your local appliance store and ask for help from an appliance expert. They can measure the width and depth of your kitchen and choose the refrigerator size that will best suit your space. Besides, refrigerator size guide covers more about refrigerator types, dimensions, door types, freezer types, fridge types and more.